• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • Construction, Need I say more?

    Saturday, October 24, 2009
    So as of November 1st, Adam and I will have lived in Guelph for a full year. I like Guelph. It's a relatively quite community, it's got a lot of land surrounding it for growth, and it's pretty much urban sprawl as we know it today.


    For anyone who knows my story, Adam and I lived in Kitchener for two years previous to Guelph, and it was my home away from home. I LOVED Kitchener. The best thing about Kitchener was that there didn't seem to be a whole lot of construction on the go. Of course I say that of the areas I frequented, and yes, I am aware of Ira Needles, Huron Road construction, as well as downtown revitalization project, and some around the Conestoga College area, but whatever, I didn't have to drive through it, so I was content.

    Then we moved to Guelph, land of Italians and construction!

    I swear, the whole summer the street before mine ( I live on a cul de sac) was being ripped a new a-hole, and then when they were half done that, they skipped to MY street and dug up all those little man holes and gas line things, and the sewer grates on the sides of the roads, and now its like I'm swerving around landmines when I try to leave my drive way! EEE-GADS! and they start something, but it takes them YEARS to finish it, its like, come on. Don't start something and not finish it. Half ass does NOT count people!

    And then, not to mention that I work in the downtown core area of Guelph on a little residential street side street, and what does the City of Guelph do to Kala's early morning drive to work? They rip IT a new a-hole! I swear, sometimes driving on the main streets of downtown its like driving in mid-mountain wilderness. OPPS there was a pot hole the size of a grand am!

    Not only does this construction bother me at home, it follows me to work! In the summer I use to find solace at work (I know, what the hell?) during migraine spells because I couldn't even stay at home in complete silence because of the bastard construction taking place the next street up! I am also on the fourth floor of my building, and well, sound travels ok. My buildings old, my windows rattle with the slightest movement, and well. It was not my haven for migraines I can tell you that much.

    Also, instead of taking five minutes to go to Tims in the morning, it now takes me FIFTEEN MINUTES to maneuver construction, OR worst case scenario- navigate the downtown road ways of Guelph! CAN SOMEONE SAY HORRENDOUS? uggggh.

    Other than the absolute ridiculous amounts of construction in this little city, I do love it quite a bit. I will probably call this my home away from home soon, as I no longer long for the Kitchener streets and shops. Not like its a long drive, 30 minutes on a good day to get to Kitchener, except any day that ends in Y, since Kitchener has traffic coming out of its ying yang. How appropriate.

    Whatever, Guelph rocks, since its the only town that has pissoirs in this area. Thats because were drunk and we rock.   Don't know what a pissoir is? heh heh. Look it up.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment