• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • Drake, thank me later? Hell I'll thank you right now.

    Tuesday, June 15, 2010
    Drake's new album Thank me Later has probably been one of the most anticipated albums this year, and for sure, once you listen to it, the reason is clear.  This kid is 23 years old, and spits fire into the mic without a second thought.

    Although I may not approve of his over-use of the N word, I guess that's what Rap is all about right, and I'm just some hokey white girl who loves the beat and moreover loves the crap outta Aubrey Graham because he was on Degrassi TNG. Oh, and he's Canadian.

    My favourite song on this album has to be Thank me later. This song has such energy and after starting this album off on a low key note with Fireworks ft. Alicia Keys, he ends it with Thank me later, on a much, much higher note.

    One recurrence in all his songs, past and present, seems to be his struggle with being famous. Of course, as momma says, "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen", but on a lighter note, I hope he throws caution to the wind and doesn't go ANYWHERE. This is my summer album, my road trip album, my "shut the hell up, I love this song" album.

    When I think about this kid, and a few thoughts come to mind.  What is he really like? I mean, he spends his time with Lil' Wayne, who's current residence is a prison somewhere in the US, mind you...  I wonder if he's anything like the people he surrounds himself with.  Brash and corrosive like Nikki Minaj, womanizing and ...dirty like Lil Wayne, or maybe he's more of the Jay Z type. Maybe he'll be the next Hova, and I'm okay with that, I just hope he doesn't marry a Beyonce.

    All in all, I'd give this album a 4 out of 5. Mostly because I hate racial slurrs, but I love this Canadian new "It Boy", since, who else do we have in the Hip Hop/RnB world in Canada? SNOW? No, I don't mean what happens between November and March people. The "rapper" Snow.  You don't get it? That's ok. No body did when he was relevant either.

    ZzzzzSnap.


    You can follow Drake on Twitter by clicking this link.

    Kala

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment