• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • MIA explained

    Friday, June 11, 2010
    I have been missing in action over the last few days, besides having a serious fight with a week long migraine, I was working on a little side project that I would like to introduce today.

    Most of you know that I have been in the works to go back to school, and start a new career path. Adam and I have also been in the market to purchase a new house, and have pretty much cemented that idea for this coming fall, early winter. However, with me going back to school, and of course, my EI running out in the new year, Adam and I will be running on one income, and I have been mulling over whether or not I want to work or not outside the home during school.  Really, it would be a good idea since we would be renting a room for students, but on top of that, working would be a good idea. 

    I had plans to attend Guelph University in the fall, but have started to broaden my search for a college related program, as not to spend four years doing something I could finish in two (not to mention the cost benefits).  You know I have a 5 year life plan, and well, by age 27 I had planned for my first child, and if I'm in university, that kind of throws a stick in the way.

    Other than that, I have been reassessing my attributes and skills, notably my administrative skills, and as such have come up with a pretty conclusive plan to work at home, perhaps doing "virtual assistant" work for a variety of companies.  I also have a legal background and would be able to do legal documentation as well, so that also opens me to a variable of different projects I could dabble in. 

    The only problem I am having, is getting the word out.  I have made my own website now at http://kbvirtualassistant.webs.com/, wherein I list my qualifications and rates, services etc. I hope that I can catch the eye of some local small companies that may need an extra hand at this time around their office.

    If you could please do me the favour of passing on my website to friends, I would greatly appreciate it.  I also have given it some thought that I may be able to do other freelance work via network creating a wider working area for myself. 

    I won't be able to work much if I am commuting to Oakville everyday, and lord knows when I'll get home, or if in the winter I would even be able to get home, hence not wanting a part-time job out of the house that I would be accountable to show up at certain times.  At least with a mobile virtual assistant company I would be able to work anywhere there is a computer.  Lucky for me, mine goes everywhere with me.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment