• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • Ho's and mo' problems

    Tuesday, September 13, 2011
    I suppose I don't have Ho's. But I do have problems. lol
    I suppose they are also small in comparison to some other ones in the world, and to make it perfectly objectionable... its the only place in my life where I find myself screwing up my nose and wanting to hit a bitch.
    So here's the sitch, ma bitch. (Don’t ask...)
    We've been renting out a bedroom and out basement apartment since January 2011, and up until now everything was peachy keen, even when we had to see the downstairs couple leave early to return to Thailand quickly. The one problem I am having now is the fact that every time I come home, and not a single soul is in the house, the front door is both UNLOCKED and the alarm NOT ARMED.
    Now by no means am I exuberantly intelligent, but one should know that when you leave your house for any amount of time and no one is home at that moment, that you lock the door. I also like to hang out in our room upstairs and even then I lock the door and arm the alarm. I can't hear anything with the door closed! Someone could come in and steal my dog. Seriously, we don't own a lot but the feeling of invasion is bad enough having strangers live with you, but the fact that random’s could come into my house at any time and steal my shit would literally send me over the moon with anxiety. We also have the added security of an alarm panel, which we require our roommates to use. We like the alarm for the added security plus the fact that it watches the comings and goings of each person who arms and disarms the alarm at any point during the day. Never know when that kind of information is going to come in handy.
    I think I know who the main culprit is, but ... eh...I came home yesterday to find the front door and the alarm not to be armed. I knew our roommate upstairs had left shortly after me that morning and that he would not be back until after 6. I got home around 3:10pm and everything was wide open, and our downstairs roommate had her dog up with ours and ...well obviously it was her. She then came home about 30 minutes later, to announce she had been gone for TWO HOURS, with not a soul in the house, with the door unlocked and the alarm not armed.
    I didn't think about it right at that time, it wasn't until I sat down and realised that the damn house was open to the whole world and that scared me.
    So today I had enough, I posted a rather hasty note on the door stating:
    "Absolutely under NO circumstances are you to leave the house at ANY time without the door locked and alarm set. When entering the house and leaving the house, PLEASE ARM THE ALARM and LOCK THE DOOR BEHIND YOU. Also bring your keys with you always, or you might get locked out".
    I think I had reason to post it and if they find a problem with it, then they can move out. I would rather be safe than anything else.
    That’s my rant. Damn ranting makes me hungry.
    kba

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment