• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • Harmony

    Sunday, August 14, 2011
    You could be busy.

    Or changing your life around.

    You could be dousing out the same medicine I gave you.

    You could be dead.

    And I wouldn't know.

    I wanted space. Because I couldn't separate our lives and focus on just my own. My mom says I'm foolish, that only mothers have the problems separating that I have.

    I'm not your mother, although you deserve one, a good one. You deserve a loving and attentive mother and father, both of which you were robbed of far too early in life.

    Nobody treated you the way you deserved, they didn't worry or guide you, I guess I felt I needed to. No. You didn't ask me, and no you never asked me to carry your troubles in my heart, but I did because I cared. Maybe I felt like you meant the world to me, and maybe my heart ached to see you thrown about like a discarded christmas card.

    But I can't control the world around you. I can't make the bad things go away. I clouded my life for far to long, thinking our relationship was one of a two sided friendship, when in reality I was a crutch  and you were the soul that needed a lift.

    Sometimes I needed you, and you weren't there.

    Sometimes I wondered if you loved me as much as I loved you.... because it wasn't always apparent.

    Always when you needed me, I was there.

    I sheltered you, I fed you, I gave you everything I could.

    I encouraged you to grow, because you ARE smarter than he thinks.

    More importantly I loved you to a fault.

    Sometimes I can be harsh. And I say things that hurt.  I am my mothers daughter, and no matter how much my mother loves me, she doesn't "get" every feeling I have, and thus sometimes throws me off as aloof. I did the same to you.

    I know that hurt you. Sometimes I said things to hurt you deliberately because I was mad. That wasn't right, but I'm testy and anger fueled sometimes. For that I am sorry. I think I can be vindictive sometimes and its not a nice side of me.

    In truth I felt abandoned by you. When I needed you. Even if you thought it was stupid, I still felt I needed you. And by the way, I only needed you. I didn't want anyone else.

    Sometimes you just didn't get it. I needed you, because you are the ONLY family I have here. And I love my family. To a fault.

    I bet you've felt the same feelings before. I bet you've needed someone but they've had other things to do, that perhaps were more important than you.

    I know you felt unimportant a lot of your life.

    I know you thought they didn't care....and I think you might have been right. I guess the question is, where are they now?  I could never say this to your face. The illusion that you were a priority to them was more comforting than the truth.

    How dare you become second to a boyfriend or a girlfriend!
    How dare you become homeless and no one care? You are not some trash to be discarded! Slipping you money here and there to pay for pizza doesn't account love! You should have never seen the four walls of that shelter! Because thats what GOOD parents do, they fucking shelter you.

    You deserved SO much more. I knew it. I still do, but they don't.

    So comes the point of this emotional fucking train ride of a blog post.

    You've delivered me what you probably thought I wanted right? Out of your life.

    But I didn't want that. I didn't want out. I wanted outside. Just for a bit.

    I did exactly what everyone else in your life has done to you. Except you handled my exit differently. You hung on for a bit, but then decided I had made my mind up and you withdrew.

    I suppose I never thought you would do that, since its not in your history to withdraw.

    I wanted distance but I didn't want to be shut out. I didn't delete you from my phone and facebook, I didn't take you from my RSS feed, or even change what you could see and what you couldn't. Because I didn't want you to be out, I wanted to check up on you to make sure you were still alive.

    You could be busy.

    Or changing your life around.

    You could be dousing out the same medicine I gave you.

    You could be dead.

    And I wouldn't know.









    0 comments:

    Post a Comment