• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • Jamie

    Wednesday, October 19, 2011
    A 15 year old Ottawa boy took his life because he was constantly harrassed and bullied in school.

    Tomorrow I am going to go to a Hamilton High School and I think I have to show these students the repercussions of their ignorant attempts at belittling children different from them.  15 years old is not entirely enough life to live before making the decision to end said life. That poor child.

    It isn't just about being gay. Its about millions of kids who take their lives, and the lives of others because of a child who doesn't know how to properly contain their anger, hurt, resentment etc. and in turn lashes out at those whom he or she decides is weak and a good target.

    I was bullied as a kid. I was overweight and continue to be so, and the taunting was unjust and horrific. I am still uncomfortable in my skin. Kids also made fun of other issues I had, but whatever I don't care to share is what I don't care to share.

    I'm just saying I know how it feels like to be bullied. I am also not denying the fact that I may hav been on the edge of life or death a couple times too. But I always got pulled back. Where was this boys lifeline?

    And this boy felt so alone, so isolated he felt the only way out was to end his life.  This shouldn't ever happen.

    Why isn't this front page news?

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment