• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • I'm a lesbian aren't I? lol

    Thursday, October 20, 2011
    So I've been given a first class window seat to see and feel and react to all the discrimination and hate people in the lgbtq community come into contact with every day of their lives.

    These people I meet day to day in schools have no idea I'm straight. They assume I'm a lesbian because I'm at the lgbtq table. I get unadulterated discrimination no different than a real lesbian would. Its hard.  I swear every time I go to one of these I am reassured I am in the right place. No doubt.

    Some days I struggle with my role in the lgbtq community because I am indirectly a part of the community. I am not lgbtq, but I love people who are, and some days that's enough, others I feel pushed aside because I'm straight and my ideas might not appeal to the lgbtq community in the way my organizers want. But I'm not here to appeal just to the lgbtq community. I'm here to change just one persons outlook on homosexualism, to plant a seed of understanding in one child's mind. To make this world an easier one for my very gay very wonderful friends.

    Sometimes I just need reminding.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment